The Elder Services' Meals on Wheels program provides home-delivered meal services to older adults and adults with disabilities. Our mission is to assist frail and older adults and adults with disabilities to remain in their homes for as long as possible in an independent and dignified manner. We provide nutritious meals delivered by trained drivers, daily safety checks, resource information, and peace of mind for the participants and their loved ones. Overall, the program successfully helps to reduce or prevent malnutrition, ensure safety, reduce isolation and to keep folks at home where they prefer to be.
- Ages Served: 60+ and disabled adults.
- Income Guidelines: 60+: None; Under 60 and disabled: contact for information.
- Geographic Area: Belknap and Merrimack Counties
- Program Cost: Donation-based
- Other Requirements: Must be over 60, primarily homebound and unable to prepare nutritious food. Under 60 must be homebound, disabled and meet income guidelines.
- There is no cost for the Meals on Wheels program, just a suggested donation of $2 per meal.
- Drivers provide a safety check, brief friendly visit, and connection to resources.
- Meals are available short or long term, depending on the need
- Meals are available five days a week, depending on the need
- Each meal meets 1/3 of the USDA adult recommended daily requirement
- Shelf stable meals are provided for holidays and weather emergencies
Meals on Wheels meals are served out of CAPBMCI Senior Centers and Central Concord Kitchen and delivered to homes by trained drivers. Please click the link under “Contact” for your local area Senior Center phone numbers and locations.
For more information, please call (603) 225-3295 or click here:
Please, like us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/ElderServicesBMCAP/