The Electrical Assistance Program provides income-eligible households with a discount on their electrical bill. Discounts are effective for one year after enrollment and can range from 8%-76%. An adult member of the household must recertify the account each year in order to remain eligible for assistance. Seniors age 65+ and on fixed income can be certified for 2 years at a time. Households may be qualified for both the Electrical and Fuel Assistance Programs at the same appointment.
- Ages Served: All
- Income Guidelines: Up to 200% FPG
- Geographic Area: Belknap/Merrimack Counties
- Program Cost: None
- Other Requirements: Must have an account in the name of an adult member of the household
Required Document Checklist
Please use this checklist to be sure that you have included all of your documentation. Incomplete applications will not be eligible to receive a benefit and will be denied; call our office to find out how to reapply if you application has been denied..
Income: Gross wages for all household members for the last 30 days prior to your application date.
- 5 pay stubs if paid weekly
- 3 pay stubs if paid bi-weekly
- 2 pay stubs if paid monthly
Examples of required income: Employment, Pensions, Retirement, Civil Service, Unemployment, Worker’s Compensations, Bank Interest over $50 for year, Self-employment, Annuities, Alimony, Any income received by Social Security Administration, etc.
Child Support Paid Out or Received: A child support form must be completed for households where both biological parents do not reside. If you pay out, provide proof of receipts within application income period. Click here to download form - Child Support Form
State and City Assistance: If you have received assistance from your local town welfare or Department of Health and Human Service (Food Stamps, TANF, APTD, OAA, FAP, NHEP, etc.) you will need a copy of the most recent decision letter.
No or Low Income: Anyone 18 years or older with no or low income, who is not in high school, must complete a No/Low Income Form. Assistance Form may be requested if help is received outside of the home. Click here to download form - No/Low Form
Self-Employed: Any household member that is self-employed is required to provide a copy of their SIGNED current tax return along with the Schedule C and all supporting schedules.
Current Tax Return: This requirement is for self-employed and rental property owners..
Social Security Numbers and Date of Births: For all household members.
Electric Bill: Most recent electric bill (Eversource, Unitil or NH Electric Co-op)
Please keep in mind that not all circumstances can be addressed and that additional paperwork may be requested during the application process.
- Program operates all year round. Applicants may apply at any time
- Appointment required for applicants
- Electrical bill discount ranges from 8%-76%
- Do not prescreen based on current income guidelines. Other resources may be available
- Income guidelines are updated each February according to Federal poverty guidelines
- Accounts on the program will not be penalized with late fees
- In most cases, a deposit is not required
Locations – Call for an appointment at the center nearest you
|Concord - 603 225-6880||Franklin - 603 934-3444|
|Laconia - 603 524-5512||Meredith - 603 279-4096|
|Suncook - 603 485-7824||Warner - 603 456-2207|