The RTS bus system provides door-to-door transport services through our Senior Centers. The program is for older adults and adults with disabilities who may not be able to access other means of transportation. The vehicles are primarily 18-passenger buses equipped with wheelchair lifts, and they are routed through many different local communities. The RTS bus system is an affordable way for older adults to travel and take part in community life.
- Ages Served: 60+ and adults with disabilities
- Income Guidelines: None
- Geographic Area: Belknap and Merrimack Counties
- Program Cost: Donation-based
- RTS Bus System is a demand-response system
- Bus will pick you up and bring you back to your home
- 24-hour advanced notice is required
- Donation based: $2 per round trip is suggested
- Buses are wheelchair lift-equipped
- Buses travel to community locations including banks, shops, doctor appointments & more
- Drivers will make every effort to accommodate each participant’s needs, but must consider the needs of all passengers
Buses serve: Belmont, Bradford, Laconia, Meredith, Tilton, Franklin, Pittsfield, Alton and some towns surrounding these locations. Service days/hours of operation vary depending on the building from which the bus departs. Please click the link under “Contact” for information on details/ hours on your local area bus.
For more information, please call (603) 225-3295
Please like us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/ElderServicesBMCAP/